Join scientists, engineers, clinicians and industry from around the world as we come together in Barcelona, Spain for the first joint meeting of the International Society for Therapeutic Ultrasound (ISTU) and the European Focused Ultrasound Charitable Society (EUFUS).
- Attend sessions covering topics ranging from Modeling and Physics, and Thermal Ablation to Immunotherapy and much more.
- Learn basic science and new developments of ultrasound therapy systems and applications in open discussions led by experts in the field concentrating on all the main areas of medical application.
- View scientific presentations and invited lectures, poster sessions, student awards, and interesting workshops.
- Exchange ideas, collaborate and envision novel applications of therapeutic ultrasound.
The Symposium will be held at the historic building of the Universitat de Barcelona, one of the most emblematic sites in the city centre, which was constructed in 1863 by the architect Elies Rogent. The building was one of the focal points in the new layout of the Catalan capital.
Enjoy Barcelona’s world-renowned art and architecture, and explore the beauty of the cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia Region. Barcelona is located at the Mediterranean sea in the north of the Spanish coast, and it is known to be Spain’s secret capital city. It certainly is the most cosmopolitan and economically most active city in the country. It has always proved to be modern following the latest international trends or be ahead of them. Especially Barcelona´s marvellous architecture is always overwhelming. Barcelona has a very rich history, reflected by numerous monuments of Romanesque, Gothic and Renaissance periods or even before, including the historic site of Barcelona University.
- Physics and modelling
- Hardware and systems
- Metrology and dosimetry
- Treatment planning
- Thermal Therapy
- Non- thermal therapies/histotripsy
- Drug delivery
- MR imaging and guidance
- US imaging and guidance
- Pancreas, Liver, Kidney
- Brain (tumours, neurological, neuromodulation)
- Emerging Technologies
UB Historic Building
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes,
585, 08007 Barcelona
If you are interested in knowing about the conference you can send us your email and we will add you to our mailing list.